The Genius UAV LiDAR system represents a 3D mapping solution built to achieve the perfect balance between weight, cost and performance.
LiDAR sensors offer a number of benefits, including the ability to penetrate vegetation and provide real-time data, making it the preferred solution for users who regularly map hard-to-access areas.
Integrated LiDAR UAV GNSS system
The APX UAV GNSS-inertial solution is a complete hardware and software solution suitable for even the smallest of drones. It consists of a single board OEM module which contains a multi-frequency GNSS receiver and high performance MEMS inertial sensors.
The multi-beam R-Fans laser scanner weighs only 738g, yet is able to detect objects with 10% reflectivity at 200m.
Applanix’s POSAV UAV software is also included for post-processing data collected.
The UI-RF software is supplied with the R-Fans scanner to to enable data fusion of flight trajectory and point cloud output in LAS or xyzi format, as well as point cloud visualization.
Together, these integrated products offer a lightweight solution that allows drone mapping or surveying to produce high quality results quickly and efficiently.
Excellent low altitude performance makes the system very easy to use, greatly improving work efficiency.
• The Genius drone LiDAR system weighs only 1168 grams, meaning that it can be installed on even very light-weight drones;
• The total weight of drone + Genius can be less than 7 kg, making it unnecessary to obtain an airspace permit;
• Can be integrated with various other sensors, including: visible light, Infrared, multispectral and hyperspectral camera;
• Universal and multiplatform design. The GENIUS system can be used both on SAPR and on vehicles or for hand surveys with a special backpack.
Genius is able to:
• Raplidly collect accurate 3D data, even in remote areas
• Eliminate the need for Ground Control Points
• Penetrate vegetation with 2 echoes
• Support one-button start system operation
• Monitor working status of the system in real-time
• Review point clouds in real-time
• Support continuous data acquisition and processing with an on-board computer
Main features of Genius:
• 250m range for in-flight support at 150m AGL
• 1168 grams in weight – allows integration with most drones
• Up to 640 kHz pulse frequency supports high point density
• Elevation error: <10 cm
• Two echoes to penetrate the vegetation