Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge UT-1M
Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge UT-1M is designed for rapid non-destructive thickness testing of:
• Products made of various metals, alloys and other materials;
• Glass, plastic, composite and other products from non-metallic materials;
• The walls of the tanks, pipes, casing parts, sheets, overhead, and other structures, including the corroded surfaces, pitted, with scum, etc.;
• Products during their production and operation;
• Metal products for diagnostic and expert work with one-side access to the tested object.
Ultrasonic method for measuring thickness
Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge UT-1M operates on the principle of measuring the propagation time of ultrasound in the given material. The pulse generator produces a high frequency electrical pulses that excite the piezoelectric transducer (Probe). The transducer converts electrical signals into the elastic (mechanical) vibrations – sound waves. These waves propagate from the surface of the input to the reflective (bottom) surface and back, re-taken and converted into electrical signal by means of PET. After that device calculates the thickness of tested object.
• Wide range of measuring thicknesses;
• Convenience and ease in operation;
• Minimum number of controls;
• Select the type of probe through single button;
• Preset velocity of ultrasound;
• Graphical display with backlight;
• Compensation of probe delay;
• Control of the batteries;
• Mapping the presence of acoustic coupling on the graphic display;
• Fixation of the last measurement result in the removal of the transducer surface.