Measures adhesion of coatings to metal, wood, concrete and other rigid substrates Revolutionary self-alignment feature and pull rate indicator. Conforms to national and international standards including ASTM D4541/D7234, ISO 4624/16276-1, AS/NZS 1580.408.5 and others.
Available in 2 models: Manual or Automatic.
The PosiTest automatic features an electronically controlled hydraulic pump which automatically applies smooth and continuous pull-off pressure at a user-specified rate.
The PosiTest manual features a heavy-duty manual hydraulic pump designed to apply smooth and continuous pull-off pressure with a single stroke.
• Pull Rate Indicator allows operator to easily monitor and adjust the rate of pull in accordance with international test methods;
• Easily select dolly sizes, change measurement units or store readings, with the touch of a button;
• Conversion charts not required – tester automatically calculates pressure based on dolly size;
• Inexpensive, single-use dollies eliminate cleaning for re-use and can be kept as a permanent record;
• Each kit comes with everything needed for testing.
• Environmentally sealed enclosure – weatherproof, dustproof and shockproof – meets or exceeds IP65;
• Can be used in any position;
• Rugged carrying case;
• Two year warranty.
• Every PosiTest Adhesion Tester pressure system is calibrated and certified to ± 1% accuracy using NIST traceable load cell;
• Self-aligning aluminum dolly enables accurate measurements on smooth or uneven surfaces;
• Hi-grade, industrial pressure sensor ensures continued accuracy;
• Conforms to national and international standards including ASTM D4541/D7234, ISO 4624/16276-1, AS/NZS 1580.408.5 and others.
• Internal Memory stores maximum pull-off pressure, rate of pull, test duration and dolly size;
• Optional PosiSoft® software available for downloading;
• LCD displays pressure value in psi or MPa;
• 10, 14, 20 or 50 mm dollies maximize capability and measurement resolution across a wide range of bond strengths.
Technical Data (manual and automatic)
Conforms to national and international standards including ASTM D4541/D7234,
ISO 4624/16276-1, AS/NZS 1580.408.5 and others.
• Resolution: 1 psi (0.01 MPa);
• Accuracy: ± 1% Full Scale;
• Range: from 0,7 to 20 MPa;
• Warranty: 2 Years;
• Weight of Kit (with case): 5.5 kg;
• Carrying Case Dimensions: 43x33x15 mm.
• New electronically controlled hydraulic pump automatically applies smooth and continuous pull-off pressure at a user-specified rate;
• Test with the simple push of a button. No twisting, pumping or cranking. No valves to close, needles to reset, or scales to adjust;
• User selectable pull rates ensure compliance with international test methods for a variety of industries including metal, wood and concrete;
• Built-in rechargeable batteries perform over 200 tests per charge. Continue testing with AC power while batteries recharge. Supplied with universal AC Adapter;
• Rugged, portable instrument comes complete with convenient shoulder strap. Ideal for lab and field use.
• Heavy-duty manual hydraulic pump designed to apply smooth and continuous pull-off pressure with a single stroke;
• Pull Rate Indicator to manually monitor and adjust the rate of pull;
• Includes built-in NiMH batteries with charger.
Both Kits include:
• Adhesion tester with digital display
• 20 mm aluminum test dollies (20)
• Abrasive pad
• Cutting tool
• Adhesive with mixing sticks and palettes and cotton swabs
• Instruction booklet and video
• Certificate of Calibration traceable to NIST
• Sturdy, lightweight carrying case
• Built-in rechargeable NiMH batteries with recharger/AC power supply.
• Shoulder strap (Automatic version only)
50 mm Accessory Kit
• Ideal for lower bond strength finishes such as coatings on wood, concrete and plastic
• Larger surface area of dolly provides improved low range precision and repeatability
• Range 50 – 500 psi (0.4 – 3.5 MPa)
• Includes 50 mm stand-off, 50 mm hole saw and 50 mm aluminum test dollies (12)
Drilling Template for 50 mm Dollies
• Drilling template and drill bits to isolate test area, ideal for thicker coatings on concrete
• Includes (10) drill bits 5/32″ (4 mm)
PosiSoft for Windows® analysis software
• Displays pressure, rate, test duration and dolly size for up to 200 pulls
• Calculates max, min, mean and standard deviation
• Prints and displays basic charts and histograms
• Real time graphing of individual pulls for a more detailed analysis of applied pressure over time (AT Manual only)
• Allows entry of notes and annotations
• Exports to a document or spreadsheet
• Multi-language support including English, German, Italian, Spanish and French
• Includes USB cable
• Free updates
• Additional adhesive, mixing sticks, palettes and cotton swabs
• Additional supplies of 10, 14, 20 and 50 mm dollies