Low-frequency digital instrument for sonic and ultrasonic tests on concrete, masonry and composite materials, robust and secure (IP65), easy to use thanks to the touch-screen data input and multiple functions such as oscillogram storage (A Scan) and related calibration parameters. It works with NiMH rechargeable batteries with 8 hours of autonomy.
The ultrasonic instrument U5200 CSD is the most advanced and simple to use on the market today. The evolution of the tool has been made possible thanks to continuous research and collaboration with the best Italian Universities.
Main features and functions available:
• T.O.F.: The instrument automatically provides the Time of Fly
• Adjusting the signal power in dB
• Calculate the Velocity or Thickness of the Investigated Element
• PRF: Transmitter pulse frequency adjustment from 1 to 10Hz or in automatic mode
• Instant and RMS function: the previous oscillogram is frozen and displayed above the next
• SonReb: allows to calculate the resistance of the material (Rc) by inserting the rebound index (IR) medium obtained with the tests concrete hammer
• Calculation of Dynamic modulus of elasticity of the material (Ed) in 3 different formulas using the variables included in the “Physical Parameters”
• Possibility to adjust the amplitude of the transmit pulse from 600 to 1500 volts over which the width of the pulse and the pause time between one pulse and the other
• Damping: input attenuation (dB) to get a clean signal
• GPS (optional)
• Cross-Hole: analysis of 2-channel foundation poles with automatic encoder (optional)
• Stone Materials
• Natural stone
• Foundation piles, Cross-Hole Tests
• Cracked masonry
• Long distance control
Sonic – microsismic investigation, with the instrument hammer and accelerometer, expands the operating capabilities of the instrument, making it ideal even for conditions where it is not possible to perform the survey through conventional ultrasonic transducers in the 20-500 KHz frequency range.
Fields of application:
• Very sound absorbing materials
• Degraded structures
UMACS UNIT FOR CONTROLS ON FOUNDATION STRUCTURES:
The UMACS system is designed to perform cross-hole surveys in a simple, reliable and fully automated manner. It allows you to position the probes at the desired depth and retrieve them at a constant speed managed by the appropriate software.
The mechanics is made of a compact, shock-absorbing tin container for use on any surface, the operator can always rely on a robust, workmanship-friendly tool.
The UMACS unit is powered by its own internal lithium battery to ensure that it lasts eight hours of work in a power failure condition.
Unit control, recording and data saving are done via the NOVASONIC U5200 CSD instrument with a dedicated software module.