Ultrasonic pulse velocity tester Novasonic, “high performance” with microprocessor for combined ultrasonic and rebound hammer data acquisition and processing.
• The appliance allows measuring the ultrasonic impulse speed inside the material (by knowing the distance between the probes).
• It measures the distance between the probes (by knowing the speed of the ultrasonic impulse to go through the tested material).
• It measures the required time by the ultrasonic impulse to go through the tested material.
• Young’s modulus is also measured (by knowing the distance between the probes and the density of the tested material).
• Calculation of the crack depth.
• Zero calibration with depuration of the time for the impulse to go through the probes. Calibration of a defined time value.
• Advance function for research purposes:
– Selection of the transmission frequency of the impulse.
– Selection of the impulse amplitude.
• Possibility to use the instrument with two exponential probes, or with one standard probe and one exponential probe.
• The use of the appliance is made easy because it is based on PC and Windows CE way of working, it allows using the user knowledge of the classic personal computer and its softwares.
• Possibility to connect the instrument to internet for consultations or extractions, like a common PC.
• Possibility to visualise the shape of the transmitting wave while it goes through the material checked, by transforming the instrument into a real oscilloscope with the option “Scope” mode.
Combined ultrasonic and rebound hammer determination.
The Novasonic ultrasonic tester houses an integral data logger for processing and store of rebound hammer values.
The measures of the velocity of ultrasonic pulses and the rebound values are automatically processed, giving estimates of dynamic modulus of elasticity and Poisson’s Ratio, and providing informations on possible voids, cracks and strength of the structure.
Through mathematical formulas it is possible to evaluate the compressive strength of the concrete, useful to estimate formwork striking times.
The combined test allow to rectify different inaccuracies that are typical of the simple rebound hammer test, and obtaining estimates on the compressive strength of the concrete, that cannot be obtained with the ultrasonic test, granting high accuracy and reliability of the results.