Paracosm’s PX-80 scanner is an innovative SLAM-based 3D mapping solution that incorporates LiDAR, color imagery, and IMU data to collect survey-quality point clouds quickly and accurately for a wide range of applications. PX-80 is compact, completely mobile, and capable of full 6-DoF positional tracking.
Handheld lidar scanning offers many advantages over aerial and conventional ground surveys, namely its flexibility, simplified workflow, and rapid data collection.
This non-invasive survey method may be used day or night, indoor, outdoor, with an efficient acquisition rate of 300,000 points per second.
With an 80 m range, surveys can be performed by a single person, with zero setup, in as much time as it takes to walk through a site. Since this unit is 15x faster than tripod scanners, projects can be scanned daily, weekly, or as often as you’d like.
PX-80 is perfect for capturing large, complicated spaces with lightning speed. Whether it’s a warehouse, construction site, or an outdoor environment, you can efficiently and effectively capture it in 3D.
PX-80 automatically produces point clouds in full color and generates spherical images.
Data is transferred via USB 3.0 from PX-80 to a workstation.
From initial design to final inspection, 3D documentation can help teams avoid mistakes, delays, and costly rework.
– On Schedule: Fewer mistakes means avoiding delays
– On Budget: Reduce redundant labor + material waste to save margins
– On Point: Build it right the first time and capture better as-builts
Construction teams use PX-80 for:
• Surveys: Document existing conditions before construction begins, and after to quickly update contract documents for accurate handovers
• Resoration: Capture. Preserve. Update. Restore.
• Progress Tracking: Track changes over time
• QA/QC: Compare reality to the BIM design intention
• Risk Mitigation: Protect yourself against painful lawsuits
• Floor Plans: Easily create layouts
• FORESTRY & AGRICOLTURE
Capturing nature in 3D often means scanning dense forests, difficult terrain, and remote locations where GPS is not available. While highly accurate, tripod-based laser scanners can be costly, time consuming, difficult to setup, and have a fixed line of sight. PX-80 offers a mobile solution that is fast, simple to use, easy to transport, and provides the right amount of accuracy needed to get the job done.
– GPS-FREE: Capture remote locations without the need for GPS
– QUICK & DIRTY: Scan through dense vegetation and difficult terrain with zero setup
– CUSTOM INTEGRATION: PX-80 is mobile so you scan mount it on a backpack, robot, tractor, or drone
Autodesk¨ Revit¨, ReCap¨, Navisworks¨, CloudCompare and other tools that support .LAS and .PLY files
CAPTURE – iOS Scanning Application
Capture is the user interface for PX-80 which controls data collection, provides real-time scanning feedback, and post-processing options.
The app connects to PX-80 via a local wireless network and does not need internet access to operate.
RETRACE – Windows Project Viewer
Explore scans in street-view style through high resolution spherical imagery.
Visit your site remotely, record progress, and organize scans by date + location.
DASHBOARD – Software for Power Users
A Linux application that powers large scanning projects and provides data management solutions for PX-80 users.
Instead of waiting to process data on device, Dashboard moves the post-processing step onto a computer while freeing up the PX-80 for continuous use.
Dashboard allows users to scan more, process faster, and stay organized.
(Windows version coming soon)